Amend Park Community Garden
In 2014, The Billings Parks and Recreation Department, in conjunction with the Billings Metro VISTA Project opened Billings’s first city-owned community garden at Amend Park. The garden received a citation of merit award from the Montana Trails, Recreation and Parks Association for Agency Excellence in 2015
Applications for new gardeners are accepted after March 1st each year. The garden opens in April (depending on the weather) with a mandatory orientation for all participants. The 2020 garden orientation will take place on Saturday, April 18th. Below are some additional details about the garden:
- The garden is located on the northeast corner of Amend Park off of S Billings Blvd
- It is slightly less than one acre in size, with various plot sizes available: 10′ X 10′, 10 X 20, or 20′ X 20′ ground plots, 3′ X 6′ raised beds, and a greenhouse.
- Plots range in price from $15 to $40 depending on the size
- Plot fees can be reduced based on income eligibility
- Water hook ups are available near each plot (all plot renters are responsible for watering their own plot)
- All skill levels are welcome
- Workshops and social events are held throughout the summer to help gardeners along the way
Registration is now open!. To register after March 1st, click here. If you have not registered for a program with the Parks and Recreation Department before, you will need to setup an account. You can also register at the Parks and Recreation office at 390 N 23rd St.
Here are the activity numbers that correspond with the different garden plots:
8900-A 20×20 plot, $40
8900-B 10×20 plot, $30
8900-C 10×10 plot, $20
8900-D 3×6 raised bed, $15
For more information visit our Facebook here!