The Billings Parks and Recreation Department is working on the first public Community Garden Project at Amend Park. The Department recognizes the need for community gardens in Billings and that they are an essential part of the community.The garden will be providing education and access to fresh,affordable, healthy, local food.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmendParkCommunityGarden
How to Apply
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Due to difficulties with the online system, we can only accept applications/payments mailed or dropped off at the Parks and Recreation office at 390 N 23rd St, Billings, MT 59101.
- Payments can only be in the forms of a check or cash.
Any questions or concerns can be emailed to email@example.com.
About the Garden
- Located on the northeast corner of Amend Park off of S Billings Blvd
- One acre in size, with various plot sizes available: 10′ X 10′ or 20′ X 20′
- Plots are $20 for a 10′ X 10′ and $30 for a 20′ X 20′
- In addition to paying for the plot, all applicants must pay a $15 deposit that will be refunded at the end of the season as long as the plot is properly maintained
- If these fees will be a barrier to applying for plots, please contact us and we can discuss options on getting a plot
- Open May-October
- Water hook ups will be available near each plot (all plot owners are responsible for watering their own plot).
- All skill levels are welcomed
- Educational courses will be held throughout the summer to help gardeners along the way
- All gardeners will be able to sign up to have a garden mentor who will help them throughout the growing season.
- Green Thumb Camp : More information to come soon
- Playhouse and Adventure Camps: These camps through the recreation side of the department will be at the garden site throughout the growing season.
- Garden Educational Workshops: Free for plot owners, $10 for community members. Topics and dates with be determined at a later date.
- Nutrition Workshops: Free for plot owners, $10 for community members. Topics and dates will be determined at a later date.
- Parade of Gardens: Free event for all! Take a tour of different community gardens in Billings and learn what services they offer. There is also a chance to win a prize by entering your name in the raffle.
- Scarecrow Fun 5K and 1 Mile Walk/Run: Look back next fall for more information on how to get involved!
- Volunteer for the fall fundraiser
- Help construct the garden
- Help with garden maintenance
- Teach a class
- Become a mentor
For more information about volunteering, applying for a garden plot, or donating to the garden please call 657-8371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org