Reserve a Shelter
**Full payment for shelters and building rentals isrequired at time of reservation**
City of Billings Parks and Recreation has some great shelters located throughout the city that are perfect places to host a family reunion/company picnic, party or get together!
All picnic shelters are available on a first come first serve basis unless they are reserved through a rental. Rental reservations for shelters must be paid for in advance at the Parks and Recreation Office or online from this website. Reservations for a park season will open on the first business day of the year. NEW Since 2010 -Some shelter rentals are available from 8:00am – 10:00pm while some of the more popular shelters are available from 8:00am – 2:00pm AND/OR 3:00pm – 10:00pm to accommodate more groups. Park Craft Houses are not available online. You must go to the main office and fill out a rental agreement form to reserve the craft houses, indoor buildings, and Central Park Building. Craft Houses, indoor buildings and the Central Park building require a $150.00 refundable damage deposit along with full payment in order for to reserve.
For information in regards to the Zimmerman Building and/or North Park Center, please Click Here and scroll down the page.
Alcohol permits are available for all shelters and parks except Riverfront Park and shelters, Coulson Park, and Swords Park. You must come down to the main office and fill out the paperwork for this permit. The cost is $75.00 non-refundable and non-transferable. The main office is located at 390 N. 23rd Street, Billings, MT 59101.
- All refund requests must be submitted during business hours using this refund request form.
- All refunds will be processed the next business day after receiving the refund request form.
- Any request 7 days or less before the rental start-date will not receive a refund.
- 8 days before the rental start-date can receive a 50% credit to the household account in lieu of a refund.
- 9-14 days before the rental start-date, can receive a 75% credit to the household account, or 50% refund.
- Any refund 15 days or greater before the rental start-date can receive a 100% credit to the household account, or a full refund minus a 5% processing fee.
- Full refund will be given if the department cancels the Extenuating circumstances beyond the participants control may be taken into account on a case-by-case basis.
- Cash and check refunds will be refunded in the form of a check, and credit card refunds will be refunded back on the credit card that was used to purchase the rental.
- All refund checks will be processed through City of Billings Finance Department within 2 weeks, upon approval
To reserve a shelter, call our office at 406.657.8371 or click
|PARK SHELTERS WITH ELECTRICITY
Shelters listed in BLUE $75 / Day 8:00am – 10:00pm
Shelters listed in RED $75 / 8:00am – 2:00pm OR $75 / 3:00pm – 10:00pm **Half Day Rentals are 8am-2pm, or 3pm- 10pm**
Both time periods $150 / Day 8:00am – 10:00pm **Full Day rental time is 8am-10pm Half Day Rentals are 8am-2pm, or 3pm– 10pm**
Click on link below to view image of shelter
|Arrowhead Park ($75.00 full day rental)
Riverfront Park #1 ($150.00 Full day or $75.00 half day rental)
Edgerton Park ($75.00 full day rental)
Hawthorne Park ($75.00 full day rental)
Rosebud Park ($75.00 full day rental)
| North Park #1 ($150.00 Full day or $75.00 half day rental)
North Park #2 ($150.00 Full day or $75.00 half day rental)
South Park ($75.00 full day rental)
Rose Park ($150.00 Full day or $75.00 half day rental)Yellowstone Family Park ($75.00 full day rental)
|PARK SHELTERS WITHOUT ELECTRICITY
Shelters listed in BLUE $65 / Day 8:00am – 10:00pm Shelters listed in RED $65 / 8:00am – 2:00pm OR $65 / 3:00pm – 10:00pm
Both time periods $130 / Day 8:00am – 10:00pm**Full Day rental time is 8am-10pm Half Day Rentals are 8am-2pm, or 3pm– 10pm**
Click on link below to view image of shelter
| Riverfront Park #2 (Alcohol is Prohibited) ($65.00 full day rental)
Riverfront Park #3 (Alcohol is Prohibited) ($65.00 full day rental)
| Veterans Park ($130.00 Full day or $65.00 half day rental available)
|CENTRAL PARK SHELTER and PARK CRAFT HOUSES – $150/day 8:00am – 10:00pm|
|Central Park Shelter*|
|Gorham Park Craft House||Optimist Park Craft House|
|Highland Park Craft House||Veterans Park Craft House|
All Craft Houses require a $150 refundable deposit – not available for online reservations. In order to reserve these Craft Houses, you must come down to the main office and fill out the rental agreement. Full payment and the damage deposit are due at time of reservation. We cannot hold any checks or cash.
*Please note that damage deposits are refundable if the building is left clean and there is no damage. If you pay by credit card it takes about 2-4 business days for the refund. If you pay by check or cash it will take about 7-14 business days for the finance department to mail a check to the address on the rental agreement. We cannot hold any checks or cash.*
*Central Park Shelter with Kitchen Area
This shelter has recently been redesigned and now includes an indoor facility which contains a kitchen preparation area as well as two 8’ tables (seating for approximately 16 people) inside. The outside area of the shelter contains six 8’ tables (seating for approximately 48 people). It does have electricity. The cost to rent this shelter is $150/Day and also requires a $150 refundable deposit for key return and cleaning.
We are committed to providing a healthy, safe park environment for your recreational enjoyment. In order to assist us in continuing to meet this standard, please observe the following guidelines:
- PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR EVENT
- IF YOU HAVE RESERVED A MORNING RENTAL, PLEASE BE PREPARED TO VACATE THE SHELTER BY 2:00PM SO THAT PARK STAFF CAN HAVE IT CLEANED UP FOR THE AFTERNOON RENTAL
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLES IN THE PARK WITHOUT PREVIOUS AUTHORIZATION
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE TENT STAKES OR OTHER OBJECTS INTO THE GROUND UNLESS YOU HAVE FIRST OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM THE PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS, DOGS (OTHER THAN SEEING EYE DOGS) ARE NOT PERMITTED IN PUBLIC PARKS WITHOUT A LEASH
- IF YOU INTEND TO HAVE ALCOHOL AT YOUR PARK EVENT, YOU MUST PURCHASE AN ALCOHOL PERMIT IN ADVANCE AT THE CITY PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. TOGETHER WE CAN CONTINUE TO PROVIDE QUALITY PARKS FOR THE BENEFIT AND ENJOYMENT OF OUR BILLINGS COMMUNITY.