Songbird Community Garden
The Songbird Community garden is a brand new project scheduled to open in 2017! The garden is located in Josephine Crossing, and covers about half an acre of land. Applications for new gardeners are accepted every year in March. A mandatory orientation is held in May.
Below is some information about the garden.
- Various plot sizes available: 10′ X 10′, 10 X 20, or 20′ X 20′ ground plots, 3′ X 6′ raised beds, and a greenhouse.
- Plots range in price from $10 to $40 depending on the size
- All applicants must pay an additional $15 deposit that will be refunded at the end of the season as long as the plot is properly maintained
- Plot fees can be waived based on income eligibility
- The garden season lasts May-October
- Water hook ups are available near each plot (all plot owners are responsible for watering their own plot)
- All skill levels are welcome
- Workshops and social events are held throughout the summer to help gardeners along the way
To register, click here. If you have not registered for a program with the Parks and Recreation Department before, you will need to setup an account. You can also register at the Parks and Recreation office at 390 N 23rd St.
Here are the activity numbers that correspond with the different garden plots:
8901-A 20×20 plot, $40
8901-B 10×20 plot, $30
8901-C 10×10 plot, $20
8901-D 3×6 raised bed, $15