Senior Fitness, Health & Wellness Programs- Billings Community and Senior Center offer a variety of fitness, wellness and nutrition education classes. With a partnership with the Adult Resource Alliance we have partnered to provide classes at the ARA Heights and 1505 Avenue D locations. We are currently working on expanding these classes to provide programs and services to seniors in locations that are easy to access locations.
Currently listings of classes we have going. They are done in sessions but go back to back in order to continue to age with grace. Learn more about the current classes listed below by clicking on the name of the class you want to learn about.
- Strong and Fit – This Class is Currently Full – Call for Availability- 406-657-3050 – The perfect strength training program for 55+ women! These workouts promise to improve strength, build lean muscle mass, and help combat a loss of bone density as you age. Come workout in a safe and supportive environment and build relationships with your classmates along the way!
- Fitness by Design – This class focuses on strength, balance, cardio and changing up the workout so you never get bored.
- Zumba Gold – for 18 and older – Zumba Fitness workout, that is low impact and joint friend with all the same fun!
- Yoga Classes
- Gentle Yoga- It is slow paced, relaxing practice that includes moving the limbs and torso in a comfortable way. Great for those new to yoga and/or Seniors 55 and older!
- Chair Yoga – Yoga in the seated position, low impact movement that helps create strength and balance from the comfort of your chair.
- Sit and Get Fit- This 30 minute workout is fun, safe and gentle on your joints. It combines, cardio, strength and endurance training right from the chair.
- 30 Minute Abs for Seniors – This 30 minute abdomen workout is specifically geared towards safe and effective strength training that will help safely build your core muscles.
- Discovering Nutrition– This class will cover a variety of produce, how to cook it, and its nutritional benefits. Some classes will even feature demonstrations and taste testing!
- Cooking for 1– Cooking for one and tired of finding recipes that feed six? Come try this interactive cooking class! Cook and try new recipes! This class is made possible through a partnership with the MSU Extension Office of Yellowstone County.
For game schedule go to https://www.billingsparks.org/program/senior-55-and-older-games-clubs/