Due to the current COVID-19 situation, Mountview Cemetery is making the following changes to Memorial Day operations to provide the safest experience for visitors and staff.
The cemetery will provide two unstaffed self-service stations during the weekend (May 23-25) with a cemetery map and instructions for locating graves. Additionally, the cemetery office will be available by phone from 10a-2p, May 23-25 to help give instructions on locating graves.
Mountview cemetery asks that visitors please consider the following:
- Remember to bring all necessary items with you, including water, a tool to assist in pulling out flower containers, and directions to graves.
- If you are unsure of grave locations, please call or email the cemetery office in advance to get directions. (406) 657-8299, email@example.com
- In order to reduce crowds, consider bringing your flowers out prior to the weekend if possible. Visitors may bring flowers any time after May 15th.
- Please be respectful of others and maintain appropriate physical distance.
Lastly, this year’s event honoring Veterans will be held virtually due to restrictions on group sizes. It is important that we honor and remember the sacrifices of those who served our country. To do this safely, cemetery staff are working with our partners at the Friends of the Yellowstone National Cemetery to pre-record services in remembrance of our Veterans. This recording will be shared on the Billings Parks website (www.BillingsParks.org) and Facebook page along with various other locations.
Please follow the instructions below to find the grave location in the Mountview Cemetery:
Use these instructions if you do not know the Section, Lot and Grave number of the person you are looking for.
- Visit the gravesite locator at the Yellowstone County website here:
- Type in the first and/or last name of the person you are searching for to locate the record
- To narrow down results, you can select “Mountview” under the cemetery tab
- Scroll through the search results and select the name of the person you are looking for
- Click on “View Record”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the record and make note of the Section, Lot and Grave #
- Use map in the link below to locate the grave you are looking for
Use the map below to locate the grave you are looking for if you already know the Section, Lot and Grave number of the person you are looking for:
If you need assistance, please call or email the Mountview Cemetery office for assistance at 406-657-8288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.