Songbird Community Garden
The Songbird Community garden is a brand new project scheduled to open in 2017! The garden is located in Josephine Crossing, and covers about half an acre of land.
Applications for 2017 are open!
Click here to download a copy of the application. Unfortunately, we cannot take digital copies of the application at this time. You must print out a physical copy and either snail-mail it to the Parks and Recreation office, or bring it in person. Additionally, you can come by our office and fill out a hard copy there.
Our mailing address is:
Billings Parks and Recreation
390 North 23rd st
Billings, MT 59101
For regular updates and more information, visit our Facebook!
- Various plot sizes available: 10′ X 10′, 10 X 20, or 20′ X 20′ ground plots, 3′ X 6′ raised beds, and a greenhouse.
- Plots range in price from $10 to $40 depending on the size
- All applicants must pay an additional $15 deposit that will be refunded at the end of the season as long as the plot is properly maintained
- Plot fees can be waived based on income eligibility
- The garden season lasts May-October
- Water hook ups are available near each plot (all plot owners are responsible for watering their own plot)
- All skill levels are welcome
- Workshops and social events are held throughout the summer to help gardeners along the way
Please reach out to our VISTA member, Lillian Muecke, with any questions or concerns:
Phone: (406) 657-8308
- Volunteer for events
- Help with garden maintenance
- Teach a class
- Become a garden mentor