Amend Park Community Garden
In 2014, The Billings Parks and Recreation Department, in conjunction with the Billings Metro VISTA Project opened Billings’s first city-owned community garden at Amend Park. The garden received a citation of merit award from the Montana Trails, Recreation and Parks Association for Agency Excellence in 2015.
Applications for the growing season of 2017 are now available!
To download a copy of the application, please click here.
You may also drop by our office to pick up a physical copy. You may either mail your application to our office, or bring it in person. Please include your payment method with your application.
Mail or bring applications to:
Billings Parks and Recreation
390 N 23rd St
Billings, MT 59101
For More information and regular updates, visit our Facebook here!
- The garden is located on the northeast corner of Amend Park off of S Billings Blvd
- It is one acre in size, with various plot sizes available: 10′ X 10′, 10 X 20, or 20′ X 20′ ground plots, 3′ X 6′ raised beds, and a greenhouse.
- Plots range in price from $10 to $40 depending on the size
- All applicants must pay an additional $15 deposit that will be refunded at the end of the season as long as the plot is properly maintained
- Plot fees can be waived based on income eligibility
- The garden season lasts May-October
- Water hook ups are available near each plot (all plot owners are responsible for watering their own plot)
- All skill levels are welcome
- Workshops and social events are held throughout the summer to help gardeners along the way
- All gardeners can sign up to have a garden mentor who will help them throughout the growing season
Please reach out to our VISTA member, Lillian Muecke, with any questions or concerns:
Phone: (406) 657-8308
- Volunteer for events
- Help with garden maintenance
- Teach a class
- Become a garden mentor